2022 #sabdainstitute review!
December 2021 marked the first Śabda Institute retreat in Europe. i met my teacher and sisters for the first time in Barcelona, and my heart burst open. like magic, travel restrictions eased, and what followed was an incredibly rich year of travelling adventures and cellular transformation shared together, including retreats in Detroit, Edinburgh & Seattle, workshops in London, Seattle, Chicago & New York, as well as a yātrā in the Himalayas. we concluded 2022 by returning to the gorgeous villa in Barcelona that welcomed us one year ago. exploring & experiencing the world with Amma & my sisters is the greatest blessing, and i can’t even begin to imagine the wonders the next year will bring.
•• #repost @sabda_institute ••
Happy New Year from Śabda Institute! May we never stray from Devī’s auspicious feet.
• ŚI’s beloved teacher and founder Kavitha Chinnaiyan published her highly awaited fourth book, “Fractals of Reality: Living the Śrīcakra”.
• Śabda Yoginīs ventured on a yātrā in the Himalayas and trekked to Gomukh, the source of Gaṅgā Devī.
• We welcomed three groups of women in Śabdācāra, ŚI’s women’s immersion, and additionally launched Śabdopāya, ŚI’s long-term study and practice program.
• We consolidated “HoW: The Practice”, a guided program into health, lifestyle and blissful living, based on the algorithms of Āyurveda.
• We offered four courses: “Decoding YOU… the Upaniṣad Way: Īśopaniṣad”, “Glorious Alchemy: Living the Lalitā Sahasranāma”, “Śakti Dancing: Kuṇḍalinī and Cakras” (which included an in-person intensive comprising of the Siri Jyoti Pūjā) and “Pañcamahābhūta: The Five Great Elements in Practice”, where spiritual concepts were explored through practical techniques immediately applicable in the moment-to-moment unfolding of life.
• We held four workshops: one in London, United Kingdom, entitled “Rasa: The Art and Science of Emotional Healing”, and three in the United States: “The Science of Mantra” (New York), “The Science of Cakras” (Burlington), and “The Science of Breath” (Seattle). “The Science of Breath” was followed by the collective experience of the Siri Jyoti Pūjā.
• We went on three retreats: two in the United States (Detroit & Seattle), and one in Barcelona, Spain, as well as embarked on a Rasa Tour in Scotland. The Barcelona retreat represented our first Renegade Method event.
• Śabda Yoginīs completed the Caturāvṛtti Tarpaṇam in 41 days.
• We launched Śabdollāsa, an interactive series of online collaborations and discussions.
• In the Śabda Saṅgha, we continued our explorations of the Bhagavadgītā and participated in monthly moon meditations.
• We released exquisite chants sung by Kavithaji such as the Khaḍgamālā Stotram, the Kuṇḍalinī Stavaḥ & the Śrī Rudram on our channels (YT, Spotify & Apple Music).
We are looking forward to continuing our journey with you in 2023!
Śrī mātre namah! Śrī gurubhyo namah!
photos: BCN Retreat.
in the view of the master Antoni Gaudí, creation continues incessantly through the medium of us, and yet we do not create, we discover. 🖤 photos of the astonishing sagrada família, casa batlló & la pedrera – casa milà, the first of beauty which drew me into soft tears. 🖤